Friday, September 9, 2011

Pretty Pastels?

Angel Sanchez Resort 2012*

Diane Von Faustenberg Resort 2012*

Cynthia Rowley Resort 2012*

While scouring all the collections I came across some of the Resort Collections for 2012 that seemed to trend on the neon pastel side of things. When I saw Angel Sanchez's dress in that first image, it took my breath away. There's no doubt it's stunning. But overall, when I asked myself if I could see myself sporting any of these neon pastels, I had to take pause. 

I might as well come clean now. Yes, I was around in the 80's when neon things were huge. In fact, I even (cough, cough) owned a neon tie-dyed french cut bathing suit during that era. It wasn't a neon pastel one though and I was really, really young. Now that I'm just about ancient in comparison, I'm having a hard time getting on the neon pastel band wagon. I do however, love the way Cynthia Rowley styled some of hers by grounding the neon pastels with the darker shades as above. 

What do you guys think? Are you excited about this trend or is it one you can see missing out on?

Ciao,
xoxo
*all photos from nymag.com

1 comment:

  1. I do love strong colors but I tend to shy away from them. I guess I feel I demand too much attention already. I'm tall, I'm, let's say plus-size, big nose, big boobs, big curly hair. I don't need big colors. lol I love that DVF though. I have a top in a very similar color. I'm definitely going to make an effort to use more color from now on.

    ReplyDelete