Monday, January 30, 2012

48 Questions (Part 2)


Here's the rest of the 48 Questions showing my preferences for movies, shows, foods, and whatever other goodness may be thrown in there. If you're just tuning in and would like to see Part 1 first click here. Otherwise, let's get cracking!


25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? 
~I ordered some new computer equipment. Yeah. I know. I’m a total tech geek. It’s like a second Christmas for me though. It makes me giddy, giggly, bouncy and clappy. 

26. What did you want to be when you were little? 
~Ballerina or a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I took dance and gymnastics from the time I was 2 or 3. I love Dance. I love watching shows like “So you think you can Dance”. It moves me deeply to watch someone do something so well. And come on - the outfits of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders who got to dance AND flip/kick/do the splits through the air?!?! Who WOULDN’T want to be one? 

{images from here and here}

27. What is your favorite memory? 
~This is going to sound completely weird and it’s totally random. I’d spent a day or maybe a weekend, at the lake with my family. My dad was driving us home and it was a late sunny afternoon. I remember resting my arm on the window ledge and the wind rushing in over my face and blowing the wisps of hair that had escaped my ponytail all around. I could feel the warmth of the sun mixed with the coolness of that breeze and I looked down at my own deeply tanned slightly pink arm. I was amazed at how the two colors on my skin blended in such a pretty way. Everything was right in that moment. There was total calm, peace, warmth, coolness and a dream like sunset playing out before me.

Caddo Photos
{This photo of Caddo is courtesy of TripAdvisor}

28. Are you a cat or dog person? 
~Cat.

{image via here}

29. Are you married? 
~Yes.

{James and I on our wedding day in 2003.)

30. Always wear your seat belt? 
~Always.

31. Been in a car accident? 
~Two tiny ones. No one was hurt and no major damage done. 

32. Any pet peeves? 
~Probably too many. I need to work on letting some of those go. Disrespect is massive to me. Hypocrisy is another. Stupidity annoys the living daylights out of me. Angry hate filled people who walk around just looking for the next subject to let their rage out on really makes my sad face come out. Yeah - I could keep going lol.

33. Favorite pizza toppings?
~Pepperoni, jalapeno’s, black olives, artichoke hearts - not necessarily all together and not necessarily all separately and not exclusively. I love pizza’s that have a healthy balance of both meat and tons of veggie’s. But those above, are the star players to me.

34. Favorite flower? 
~Orchids because they’re so delicate and unusual, roses because they’re so intricate and can smell so lovely, magnolia’s because they remind me of home, and gerber daisy’s because they can be so dramatic and happy all at once. Oh. You expected me to name just one? Hahahahah. You’re funny.

{images via here and here}

35. Favorite ice cream? 
~Mint Chocolate Chip, Chubby Hubby, Key Lime, and Lemon Custard.


36. Favorite fast food restaurant? 
~I don’t have one.

37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? 
~None.

38. From whom did you get your last email?
~BlogLovin because apparently, blogging is taking over my life. 

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
~You’re insane if you think I can just pick one. Or maybe I’m insane for NOT being able to just pick one. Can we just use a fictitious credit card with no limit and agree on Net-a-Porter?



40. Do anything spontaneous lately? 
~Every minute of my life. Having kids has taught me that there’s no point in planning anything. Have a general thing in mind, hope for the best, but don’t be surprised if it all falls to pot. Heck, I’m not even supposed to be doing this right now. I told myself I was going to read more of a book given to me.   

41. Like your job?
~Love it.

42. Broccoli? 
~It’s tasty and I should truly eat more of it.

43. What was your favorite vacation? 
~Hawaii visiting with my friend M.

{image from here. And no, I did not go there in 1959. I just happen to have a fierce love for vintage/retro stamp-a-tude. Call me "geek" and I shall answer.}

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? 
~My amazing husband.

45. What are you listening to right now? 
~Regina Spektor, Better



46. What is your favorite color? 
~Red.

47. How many tattoos do you have? 
~None. I thought for sure I was getting one last year. I considered getting the Kanji for the Year of the Tiger. It’s the year I was born in and is reflective of qualities I believe I subverted while in a past relationship. They’re something I never want to let myself forget ever again. That no longer seems a good fit because I’ve moved so beyond that person and what occurred between the two of us. Then I considered getting a Dragon on my lower back. They represent protection and healing to me and I have a life time history of lower back pain. In the end, my immune system is too weak to handle having ink injected into my skin so I’m holding off in the interest of health.

{image via here}

48. Coffee drinker? 
~I think the word “Addict” would aptly describe me here. I wouldn’t describe myself as a connoisseur but I’ve recently noticed a distinct preference for proper brewed/drip coffee over anything instant.

And there you have it! What about you? Are any of you willing to share with us?

{If I didn't specifically source an image, it's because it's mine! Please don't use without my permission which is usually pretty easy to get.}

13 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! I love getting to know more about you :]

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be a ballerina too! I like your description of your favorite memory. I know those moments. And you should totally get the tiger tattoo. High five for year of the tiger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked lovely on your wedding day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's funny how my love of fashion and the passage of time affects how I look at them. They're great memories for me. Do you ever see those really old photographs of people's weddings and get a chuckle out of how much the outfits represent the time the marriage took place in? I think they're so great and I often wonder, when I'm a 100 years old, how "dated" my photos will end up looking to my children/grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. High five chica! Why do I now want to do jazz hands, strike a pose and go "Super Staaar!"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I think it's the people watcher in me that loves seeing them myself so I thought it'd be fun to do. Glad you enjoyed the read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still want to be a ballet dancer! Ah sunshine on your wedding day, what a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I secretly still want to be one too! Embarrassing confession: I still occasionally take a ballet class. I make a lot of noise about what a good work out it is and how it really helps shape my legs, makes me sweat, and offers me a different way to work out. But, really the truth of the matter is - I just like it. I like the clothes, I like the movements, I just like IT.

    We were so lucky to get sunshine in the middle of December like that so we were so happy. We had the ceremony inside because it was shockingly cold and windy but that sun was a brilliant gift that day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blog !

    http://rainbowgatherer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cat person? Yes, you have redeemed yourself in my book :) And you and your hubby look AMAZING together! That looks like it was a glorious wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite hobby is to look at old pictures. It's such a treat for me to see the evolution of my mom's style in the 70's, 80's and 90's. I also love to "guess the year" while looking at wedding pictures. Some decades were very unkind to brides...
    If you'd like to read my comment to your comment on my latest entry, stop by again. I know how much you like debating ideas.;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How amazing is to know you better! I also like Regina Spektor (but I don't know many songs of her... not yet)! Red is a such pretty color and I love when I wear red clothes! So sweet your favorite memory! You know I also love love love coffee!!!! I'm really loving Net-a-Porter, in special the Karl's collection! wow so many information! hahaha I loved!


    Have a lovely and calm upcoming week!
    Cri.

    ReplyDelete