Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break, A Mommy's Take


i want saved
someone
some super hero
save me
for the love of god
i have a 17 yr old dreamer
all she does is dream
big silly teenage appropriate dreams
and she insists on sharing them all day every day with me
and i'm not a full on dreamer
i dream in little ways
and listening to someone dreaming stupid idiotic teen like dreams
all day every day
makes every bone in my body twitch
and tiny bits of vomit
come up in the back of my mouth
i hate spring breaks

by The DreamKiller (A.K.A Mommy)

8 comments:

  1. :) I'm a total dreamer, but I'm not 17. I think my dreams are not grounded in reality. Except for the ones with James McAvoy. And I have lots of those dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has really worked at kicking me in the teeth. Dreams for me now include being content with a roof over my head or food in my belly. I guess if that's all it takes for me to declare a dream fulfilled, I'm a total dreamer. I think I'm just on mommy overload after 2 weeks straight with 4 kids on spring break. If you find a masked crusader with some free time on their hands, give them my #. I could definitely use the help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chillairandperfumeApril 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM

    Seriously LOLing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Adela PasztorApril 16, 2012 at 5:21 AM

    Very nice poem! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream
    I dream out loud
    I dream in my head
    Then someone comes along and says get real
    Then I get sad
    Then I get harsh
    So someone comes along
    So they can change my mind
    So they give me some dreams
    and they make me smile
    and they make me dream
    and they make it real.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem. My dreams stay small and that's what makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete